7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Continental Breakfast and Networking
7:30 AM - 8:30 AM Optional Pre-Program, "Growth Mindset: How to Identify and Enhance it So Your Organization Thrives"
8:30 AM - 11:00 AM Program
10:00 AM - 10:15 AM Break
11:00 AM Program Concludes
Click here to download the parking pass.
Rethink Leadership Development
1) THE NEUROSCIENCE OF CULTURE CHANGE
• Culture as shared everyday habits
• The science of habit formation
• The “how” of change: priorities, habits, systems
• How to create leadership principles and habits that encourage and reinforce behavior change
• Simple, sticky, coherent
2) THE NEUROSCIENCE OF CHANGE AGILITY/GROWTH MINDSET
• How growth mindset helps organizations be more positive, flexible, and engaged in the face of complexity and change
• The benefits of growth mindset, including: creativity, resilience, superior performance
• The habits of growth mindset
• Results from NLI’s industry research on how organizations use growth mindset and why
3) RETHINK LEADERSHIP DEVELOPMENT
• Understand the business case for why it’s time to rethink leadership, its development, and support behavior change
• Implement three stages of leadership development
• Redefine leadership, build skills, sustain skills
• Redefine leadership in a memory-friendly, sticky way
• Build essential and coherent skills
• Utilize AGES and habits to sustain skills and change behavior
Dr. David Rock
Co-founder and CEO, NeuroLeadership Institute
Dr. David Rock coined the term ‘Neuroleadership’ and is the Co-founder and CEO of the NeuroLeadership Institute, a global initiative bringing neuroscientists and leadership experts together to build a new science for leadership development. With operations in 24 countries, the Institute also helps large organizations operationalize brain research in order to develop better leaders and managers.
David co-edits the NeuroLeadership Journal and heads up an annual global summit. He has written many of the central academic and discussion papers that have defined the Neuroleadership field. He is the author of the business best seller Your Brain at Work (Harper Business, 2009), as well as Quiet Leadership (Harper Collins, 2006) and the textbook Coaching with the Brain in Mind (Wiley & Sons, 2009). He blogs for the Harvard Business Review, Fortune Magazine, Psychology Today and the Huffington Post, and is quoted widely in the media about leadership, organizational effectiveness, and the brain.
Academically, David is on the faculty and advisory board of CIMBA, an international business school based in Europe, and a guest lecturer at many universities including Oxford University's Said Business School. He is on the board of the BlueSchool, an initiative in New York City building a new approach to education. He received his professional doctorate in the Neuroscience of Leadership from Middlesex University in 2010.