2:00 PM - 2:30 PM Registration and Networking
2:30 PM - 4:30 PM Program
4:30 PM - 5:00 PM Awards
5:00 PM - 7:00 PM Members Only Social
HR Strategy and Millennial Engagement
Millennials want a satisfying job that pays well, coworkers they like and trust, advancement opportunities, and the occasional pat on the back. Who doesn’t want those things?
Learn how to get the most from Millennials by:
- Improving workplace flexibility—because Millennials don’t separate life and work
- Providing adequate support and feedback—because Millennials like to learn and grow
- Coaching, not micromanaging—because Millennials value autonomy
- Designing competitive salary structures—because Millennials know what’s up
- Providing opportunities to contribute to society—because Millennials care about doing good
Alec Levenson, Ph.D., Economist and Senior Research Scientist, Center for Effective Organizations, Marshall School of Business, University of Southern California
Alec’s work with companies combines the best elements of scientific research and practical, actionable knowledge that companies can use to improve performance. He draws from the disciplines of economics, strategy, organization behavior, and industrial-organizational psychology to tackle complex talent and organizational challenges that defy easy solutions. His recommendations focus on the actions organizations should take to make lasting improvements in critical areas.
Alec's four areas of primary focus include:
1. Talent management practices for the new generation of workers and world of work
2. Organization design and effectiveness
3. Human capital analytics to improve decisions around talent and work design
4. Organizational and talent strategies for global work & emerging markets
He has trained Human Resource professionals from a broad range of Fortune 500 and Global 500 companies in the application of human capital analytics.
Alec’s research has been featured in numerous academic and business publications, and in the New York Times, Wall Street Journal, The Economist, CNN, Associated Press, U.S. News and World Report, National Public Radio, Los Angeles Times, USA Today, Marketplace, Fox News, and many other news outlets. Alec has received research grants from the Sloan Foundation, Russell Sage Foundation, Rockefeller Foundation, U.S. National Science Foundation, China National Science Foundation, and National Institute for Literacy. He is on the editorial boards of Human Resource Management and Small Business Economics.
He received his Ph.D. and M.A. in Economics from Princeton University, specializing in Labor Economics and Development Economics, and his B.A. in Economics and Chinese language (double major) from University of Wisconsin-Madison.
All attendees of this program will receive a complimentary copy of Alec's book, What Millennials Want from Work: How to Maximize Engagement in Today’s Workforce.